Sunday, October 19, 2014

Child like innocence taken away

Because of what human society has become (particularly in the Western World), Parents are reluctantly finding it imperative to take their child's innocence away instantaneously - as young as 3yrs old and starting Day Care. This is being done in order to prepare him/her for the injustice that may come their way.

In this process fear, mistrust, separation anxiety, etc. in the child is born. As the years go by we wonder why our society suffer from cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart disease, alcoholism, etc. at such an alarming rate. Could it be the very thing we're trying to do (protect our children) is what's part of the problem? Although the need to protect our children from such an aggressive media controlled culture one solution may be to tell the truth. Whenever the truth is disguised and/or hidden altogether suffering in one form or another is an absolute guarantee. Perhaps the instant we're able to see each other as our self (considering we are one human race) we will then be able to see and treat one another with love and respect.

It starts, for example with acknowledging  a stranger with eye contact, a nod, a smile or even a "good morning/evening." Being able to ask our ego to have a seat...outside and down the street can transform what may begin as a hostile or uncomfortable situation into one of communication and understanding which is peace (now who doesn't want a slice of peace now and again?) This state is attained the instant you're able to let go of the past and not lose sleep over the future. The longer you're able to stay in the present moment by feeling the breeze while walking and listening to the birds sing (I swear people forget birds sing.) Being trapped in your mind is what prevents  being able to even hear them because the thoughts in the mind are so many and so loud!!!

What has helped me begin to change the course of my life is reminding myself by saying "THIS IS A TEST" whenever I'm faced with a challenging situation. I swear I was blown away the first time I tried it. Because of my new state of awareness (staying present in the moment) I tried it again, this time it was confirmation (like no other) that if I was able to change the outcome of those dilemmas, I'm able to not only control my emotions but by leaving my ego out on the curb, the transformation to peace among all involved is not only possible but absolutely guaranteed!

I'm pretty certain if we as a "sophisticated"  society are able to spend more time in the present moment (and LIVING life) our children will not only be able to keep their innocence (forever) but adults will realize as long as guilt, shame, regret, anxiety, worry, fear, etc. control their life, the awful path of death and destruction is what will continue to be what our children are left with once their innocence is taken away...

No comments: